Monday, April 18, 2016

The Next Campaign [DoE]

I'm taking a GM break for a while.  The Worldgod Campaign has ended, and I've decided that the Aldsburg Chronicles ran for a good line time and were also awesome but are now over.  Also I think I've over HackMaster.  The GM's book was such a huge (and expensive) disappointment as well as the last few adventures I picked up.  I'd started customixzing this so much that the game was verging on becoming another system, which almost happened until I realized that I was simply mashing together derivative claptrap (thanks, friends, who put up with that).

But oddly without the pressure to run a game I feel like a wellspring of ideas have opened up.  I've been wanting to do some serious science fantasy mash up stuff for a while.  My other games had it, but I want to go whole hog into the post-apocalyptic strangeness.

Some Inspirations
  • Anomalous Subsurface Environment
  • Adventure Time
  • Carcossa
  • Rick and Morty
  • Red and Pleasant land
  • Fallout 4 but not The Witcher 3
  • Lamentations of the Flame Princess
  • A strong desire for Player Driven stuff
  • My friend's enthusiasm for running his first game
  • Banks, Vance, Lovecraft, Howard
  • And recently, for some unknown reason, Zardoz
I'm pretty sure I want Dungeon World to be my next system.  Anyone out there have some experiences with it from a player or GM perspective they want to share?

The Dwarves in this next world will definitely be cannibals that wear leather made from the skins of their ancestors.  Their eternal war with the Elf are because those creatures are of the bloodline of the Vampiric Fey who want to make blades from the metal that can be extracted from Dwarf bones. Also Dwarf gain extra fast healign when eating the flesh of an Elf.

There ... that should get things going.  I'll use the DoE tag for these posts ... Dawn of Eradu.

No comments:

Post a Comment