Random Hex Locations (d9 ... was a d8, then I added #9 from an awesome blog)
1) Well of Gorlieb: a diminuative well that is made from the teeth of children and beaks of sparrows.
2) Ruins of Tul: a village overrun with a thick creeping vine. A pack of savages lives here and offers blood sacrifice to the demon god KU6R, who resides in the bell tower.
3) The Blight: for as far as the eye can see, there is a thin layer of mucus and blood covering everything, and maggots the size of your thumb wriggling about. Anyone looking closely will see the maggots have human-like faces. Also, they are delicious.
4) Popo's Gorge: a deep gash in the earth from which eminates the sweet smell of freshly baked bread. Popo, possibly a goblin, lives in a small hut by a rickety bridge and offers safe passage for a few copper. The gorge is filled with zombies that can't escape.
5) Silver Tree: Nearly 1 in 10 trees in the area havea silvery film on them. In the center of the region is a tree made of pure silver. In it lives a spider dryad who spins insanely strong webs because she drinks the sap of the tree. A silver tree branch makes an extra potent wand.
6) Tuk Tuk Hollow: The tuk tuk are goblin-kin (mean and agressive and territorial) and have managed to dig wells everywhere in this region looking for the Treasure of Jorbal Mag. There are pits and stone-lined wells everywhere, most of them filled with filthy water and quite a few home to many tentacled ktuth-spawn.
7) Tentacle Forest: This area is infected with tentacles. many of the trees have tentacles instead of branches and attack anything that moves nearby
8) The Dastardly Ruins: A village in great condition, but entirely abandoned, all the buildings are completely empty. Investigating the well in the center of town will reveal some oozing ecojunk. if visited at night, the ghost population (including ghost animals and ghost furniture) will welcome their new guests
9) One of these lakes
Encounters With The Devil's Friends (d10)
1) The Witches Three - they know things and want to tell you but that curse ... OH THE CURSE!
2) Sharg the Troll Mother. She is not your friend. Nor are her children. Best to run.
3) Eggar the Host and his band of Bone Soldiers
4) Magpie the Fleshmolder (drank one to many polymorph potions)
5) Kirk. Of. The. Lost. Tower. (brutal warlord with host of red shirt wearing berserks)
6) Ted the Mind Wizard (inept or just much more clever than you?)
7) Giant spiders that have tree branches for legs
8) A band of survivalist elf zombies hunting the ghost of Xhug the ape-man
9) A bear the size of an elephant and hungry like a great white, the bear will also accept gold
10) A flock of carrion birds eating the last few scraps from an Ramhorn ogre that was an emisarry with a coded letter for Hesporiax the Despoiler asking for more troops ... the ogre animates and attacks
Strange Stuff in the Grubwood (d6)
1) The moon just rose ... no .. the other moon. I didn't know we had two either.
2) The wind through the leaves sounds like whispering, then shouting, then chanting, then suddenly stops.
3) A beautiful statue of a elf warrior that, no matter what direction approached from, is always pointing his barbed stone spear at the party. No one sees him move.
4) A pile of broken mechanical animals wearing the pelts of real animals - mostly squirrel and rabbits. One of them is still moving and squealing in pain.
5) A pond with reddish water is suddenly where it wasn't before and won't be here tomorrow. The fish are all freakishly long (like 12-15') but very thin (2" diameter) eels. There are also turtles that have chromed shells that shine and glitter in the sun. The eels are harmless, but the turtles bite.
6) Will-o-the-wisps dance in the distance making complex geometric patterns. Investigating the area will likely reveal a collection of toadstools and tiny finger bones.